The League of Women Voters of Wisconsin Education Network is a nonpartisan political organization that advocates for informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
LWVWI is a vibrant, visible, respected advocate for sustaining our democratic society.
We believe that:
- grassroots initiatives and consensus building are the strengths of our organization
- our organization models the principles of good governance
- citizenship requires knowledge, as well as the ability and will to act
- the responsibility of good government rests on the shoulders of citizens
- the voting rights of U.S. citizens at home and abroad are to be assured.
We consider well before taking action and prepare well before beginning to act.
We believe in:
- respect for individuals
- the value of diversity
- the empowerment of the grassroots, both within the League and in communities
- the power of collective decision making for the common good.
- act with trust, integrity, and professionalism
- operate in an open and effective manner to meet the needs of those we serve, both members and the public
- take the initiative in seeking diversity in membership
- acknowledge our heritage as we seek our path to the future.